Do I hate that Johnny Depp has been cast in the Fantastic Beasts franchise and that the people in charge seemingly don’t give a damn about his actions? Yes, yes I do!
I thought it would spoil this movie for me but silver lining here: at least he’s playing a bad guy so I can hate him properly. Urgh!
Anyway, this is not about that whole saga. This is about going back to my heart place, the wizarding world of not yet Harry Potter. On account of him not being born yet. So here we go!
If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, watch it here:
- OMG! Hogwarts! I missed you!
- YOU CAN’T APPARATE INTO THE GROUNDS OF HOGWARTS! FFS! I mean how many times must Hermione say so for anyone to listen?
- The Deluminator making an already dark Paris street even darker. Why even Dumby?
- Honestly Newt needs to do something about that dry hair.
- Is that the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom? I thought he was the Transfiguration teacher.
- Who’s Grindlewald talking to? That’s a lot of people.
- Hi Tina!
- HI JACOB!!!!
- So he obviously gets unobliviated.
- “We’re going somewhere” YAAAASSSSSSSSS
- The locations are beautiful!
- Hi Zoe Kravitz! Don’t trust a Lestrange though.
- What if those bubbles popped. No thanks!
- Aww Pickett.
- So even Credence survived but you mean to tell me Colin Farrel didn’t?
- How did Grindelwald make enough Polyjuice Potion without a real live Colin Farrel stashed away somewhere?
- Ja, I’m not letting that go.
- Also, Credence has real powers now?
- ARE THOSE THESTRALS?!?!?!
- Urgh, Johnny Depp.
- Dumbledore once again laying responsibility at the the feet of others. Bra.
- “It has to be you” sound familiar, right Mr Potter?
- Newt fighting alongside his brother is giving me all sort of feels.
- I’m a sucker for a good sibling story.
- I can’t wait to see this damn movie!